Me

Me
I'm older than I look

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sniffly Sniffles!

Last night was interesting as I heard some coughing and crying from my 20 month old daughter I thought was sleeping.  Getting up and going in to get her, the poor thing just collapsed into me as I picked her up.  She was terribly congested, cranky and in need of a little TLC.  I brought her out and fed her peanut butter & jam sandwich.  She actually seemed impressed, seemingly because it was way past her bedtime and here we were snacking.  Compassion doesn't even come close to what I feel when my daughter is sick!  We hang out like there's no time.


I gave her some chamomile tea brewed with lemon and ginger, watered down.  Fixed the humidifier up to par, rubbed some vaporub on her chest, and tucked her into bed with a night light on.  We slept until 6am, so I was really GRATEFUL for the long sleep!

 Today marked a quick trip to the doctor for some children's advil and a pat on the head that said she had a viral cold.  How simple could that be?  We get home, she has an hour nap.   For the afternoon, we snacked and drank tea.  It was fun to put her in the playpen, turn a dvd on and just take it easy.

If she wakes tonight, I'd not be surprised.  Tired perhaps, but certainly not surprised!

No comments: